Caroline County Department of Fire – Rescue and Emergency Management is seeking qualified applicants for the full-time position of Firefighter/Medic.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Emergency response
- Fire suppression
- Rescue and emergency life support
- Fire prevention
- and a variety of other assigned duties associated with fire and rescue
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Virginia driver's license with an acceptable driving record
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Health Care Provider CPR)
- EVOC Class III Virginia Emergency Medical Technician – Intermediate or Paramedic
- Virginia Department of Fire Programs Firefighter II
- Virginia Department of Fire Programs Hazardous Materials Operations
- ICS 100, 200, 700, 800
- ALS providers are required to maintain certification in ACLS, PALS and PHTLS
Within 1 year in the assigned job position:
- Virginia Department of Fire Programs Basic Pump Operator or Driver Pump Operator
- Virginia Department of Fire Programs Rural Water Supply
- Pre-hospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS) or equivalent for ALS providers
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Insurance
- VRS Retirement and Life Insurance through the VRS Retirement System.
Starting Salary – Firefighter/EMT-I - $47,433; Firefighter/EMT-P - $49,639
Apply on line at https://co.caroline.va.us/551/Employment-Opportunities
If you have any questions about the position or would like more details, please call the Department of Fire and Rescue at (804) 633-9831.